Thread: Tool Palette Issues

Login to Give a bone

Default Tool Palette Issues

I can't seem to transfer my wall styles from my previous job to the new tool palettes I've created:

ACAD Arch 2011
    Windows 7
    Dell Latitude laptop

I created a new catalog, saved to my local drive in my own personal folder, created two new categories (commercial and residential) and then created the palettes. I've been searching for days for an answer and not seeing anything useful. Is this a glitch with ACAD? The how-to guide says to just drag the walls from the drawing onto the palette but its not working. The walls are also not behaving like they should. ie: the won't fillet like they used to. Could this be a related issue?

And where is my Design menu pull-down?? Hope someone can help, keeping in mind that if you answer in serious CAD programmer speak I probably won't comprehend that so laymans terms please. Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tool Palette Issues

Well I solved my own problem and I'm posting the answer because I've seen a ton of people asking the question but nobody seems to answer it. The solution here is in TOOLS/OPTIONS - FILES tab make sure your "Tool Palettes File Locations" is pathing to the catalog you just created or that you can't seem to copy blocks to.
    (Note - I originally thought this meant the DWG file containing all the blocks, but its the directory containing the ATC file you need to map to). Once you've done that you should be able to drag and drop the blocks as needed. Hope this helps some people.