Thread: ACAD Corrupting Drawings

Login to Give a bone

Angry ACAD Corrupting Drawings

So, I'm working on a large submittal set for another Millwork company. I'm using ACAD 2008, I believe they use '10 or '11. I have all their Titleblocks, symbols, etc. that I'm using to accomplish this. Additionally I have the architectural .dwg floor plan that needs to be xref'd into each sheet. This Floor plan seems to be created from another software (Revit perhaps?) I'm also using Sheet Set Manager to keep track of everything (only importing floor plans into SSM, not creating them in SSM) This is a larger set the I usually do, I'm up to 130 24x36 sheets. I'm also using another program called Microvellum (works inside ACAD) to do alot of this. The drawings are both in 2D and 3D.

The problem I'm having is that on ocassion a drawing file corrupts. It seems to be something related to opening it through SSM, though it is very inconsistent. Sometimes I can save the drawing with the .bak file, sometimes not. This is driving me nuts! I'm pretty worried because it's not fun to lose work when your already under the gun. Please take a look at the list below of things I've done so far, and tell me what you would look at next.

1. My computer hardware isn't the greatest....no doubt this is taxing it a bit. I've ran CrapCleaner and a registry cleaner software to try and improve it's performance, as well as dialing the 3d graphics back as far as I can.

2. I only publish when I have all other programs shut down.

3. I've purged the **** out of the xref's and audited them.

4. All the reference dwgs (titleblocks, etc.) from the company using '10 or '11 have been saved back to 2007 format. Is there something else I should do to these?

I'm usually fairly calm about these things, but with the pressure of a deadline, and all the lost work, I'm ready to go office space on this POS tower.....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD Corrupting Drawings

Very interesting.....Out of luck, I found out that the "corrupt drawing files" work on my boss's computer which is running 2009, but not another co-workers, that's running 2008. The xrefs are on my local machine, so it didn't find those with either session.

My next step is to update my computer to 2009 (I think we have a copy), and see how that works....

Does anyone know if I'll have any problems using a Sheet Set created in 2008 on a computer running 2009?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD Corrupting Drawings

The problem may be a large set in ssm. I've got a set of interior dwgs which tend to crash my 2008 with also about 100 sheets.

Haven't tried the same on my 2011 though.