Thread: Design Student needs interview w/ experienced AutoCAD user

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Design Student needs interview w/ experienced AutoCAD user

Hi, my name is Angie, and I am a design student, attending the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division. I'm not sure if this is the right place to look, but I am seeking an experienced CAD user to interview for my latest assignment. Anyone who can help please respond to this thread. You can start by telling me your name, location, and profession. Then answer the following question:

Q1: When do you use CAD in the production process (e.g. preliminary design, design development, etc.)?

Q2: What types of standardization do you use?

Q3: What are the advantages or disadvantages that CAD brings to your practice?

Q4: Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? Please provide logical examples to support your answer.

Q5: Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what are the advantages of doing this? If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?

If you do not use modelspace and paperspace, why is it not used by your firm?

Q6: If you use modelspace and paperspace, I'll ask the following question: Since every AutoCAD drawing is usually created on a scale of 1:1, won't the scale hinder you as a designer in terms of sheet layout? Why or why not? Please provide some examples.

If you do not use paperspace, then how does your firm plot for the various scales on each sheet?

If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt