Thread: Revit MEP - Filtering or Accessing Object Styles in Linked Architectural Model

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit MEP - Filtering or Accessing Object Styles in Linked Architectural Model

Does anyone know how to filter or access a particular wall type defined ina linked architecural model? The architectural model has a wall type definition "Basic Wall Temp Wall". The attachments show the screen shots to help this description. The link "VA Med Floor Plan with Temp Walls" shows how the temporary wall type is effecting my MEP plan (shown with the red arrow pointing to the temporary wall type). The attachment "MEP Project Floor Plan Showing Linked Model with Temp Walls" shows that there are 68 of these walls in the linked model attached to my model (overall floor plan model). The links "Arch Model Wall Object Style - Temp" & "Wall Type Temp Properties Name" shows the wall definition in the architectural model (Object style definition in the arch model).

I have attempted to use the view filter command, and the visibility/graphics Revit Links tab to try to access these particular object styles, without success.

Does anyone know how to access or filter object styles of linked objects in Revit?

Thanks,
    Greg

"Arch Model Wall Object Style - Temp.jpgMEP Project Floor Plan Showing Linked Model with Temp Walls.pngVA Med Floor Plan with Temp Walls.jpgWall Type Temp Properties Name.jpg

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP - Filtering or Accessing Object Styles in Linked Architectural Model

You should be able to create a filter within your view template, applied to walls, to turn off Type Name containing Temp (or whatever it takes) that will apply to linked model walls.
    But i would try to get the architect to draw these on a Temp phase, then if you match their phases and phase filters, your drawings should look right.
    hth,
    mike

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP - Filtering or Accessing Object Styles in Linked Architectural Model

+1 on Temp phase...isn't this exact scenario what it is for? Reminds me of a few architects that enjoy creating a Demo phase in their Revit models, which always triggers a phone call to ask how long theyve been doing this.