Thread: MCS Field Book Figure Command

Login to Give a bone

Default MCS Field Book Figure Command

I tried using this for the first time today. When I processed the field book the curve grabbed random points that were close to the curve but not within the field book definition for the curve. When I couldn't fix it in the field book I figured I would just manually fix it in CAD post processing. However when I opened up the Figure Properties the points don't show up in that list either, but the graphic clearly shows it connecting. (See points 10757 & 10765 in attachment) Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MCS Field Book Figure Command

can I see the data you used for the import event?
    That will be the easiest way to suggest a solution, it may be a process that you will need to change/adopt in the field to get the desired results.

from your description I am guessing you were attempting to use or create a multi curve segment using points OC.

Login to Give a bone

The portion of the field book that was used to create the curve is in the upper right hand corner of the pdf in the original post. Including in this post as well:

BEG BCS
    MCS
    POINT 10400
    ! F1 VA 10767 312.26570 127.220 91.20250 "BCS PRC"
    F1 VA 10768 313.11420 124.800 91.19050 "BCS"
    F1 VA 10769 313.49020 123.320 91.33370 "BCS"
    F1 VA 10770 316.38140 118.300 91.40310 "BCS"
    F1 VA 10771 317.38580 117.080 91.28080 "BCS"
    MCE
    END

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I think your input isn't working because of the codes used.. A search of the help file for curve codes reveals :

Survey Command Window Syntax

BEGIN [figure] and then MCS

Command Synonyms

BEG and MCS to start curve

MCE to end the Multi-point Curve command

I think your 'starting' the curve twice and confusing the application.
    If you would post the Entire field book file I could test this theory. Otherwise the data as posted errors out when I attempt to create the Import event. That's why I asked for the data. (all the data)

Login to Give a bone

The "BEG BCS" begins the figure named BCS, then the next line begins the curve within that figure.

From the help menu:

BEG [figure] - Begins a new figure
    MCS - Starts a multi-point curve within an active figure

It would be the same as using a C3 or PC command. This particular curve is the start of the figure if the BEG line wasn't there it would either code out that there was no active figure or would join to whatever my last active figure was that I didn't close/end. Which in this case would be wrong.

Additionally it appears the problem is not with field book coding. When looking at it again this morning I updated the figures from the Survey database and it graphically corrected itself. So it is somewhere within the processing routine that it is going awry. So esentially it's fixed although irritating to add another step of needing to update the just processed figures from the database before your drawing is complete.
    Last edited by alarism; 2011-08-12 at 04:15 PM.

Login to Give a bone

The snippet fails for a couple of reasons, one being that Point 10400 is missing from the snippet you posted, the other being that the setup info is also missing, so the F1 command fails.

I think what Micheal's getting at is that you are seeing very odd results. I've never seen anything like what you describe. Thus the desire to see the whole FBK file, to see if it might be possible to duplicate the issue.

BTW, we like the new F2F functionality (introduced in C3D 2010) much better. If you're on C3D 2010 or later, I highly recommend checking it out. It won't help you with this, but it might make life better (for both you and the field surveyor) in future projects.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by alarism View Post
    Additionally it appears the problem is not with field book coding. When looking at it again this morning I updated the figures from the Survey database and it graphically corrected itself.

This make me wonder about your graphics card drivers, and or the setting you have for VIEWRES?