Sorry about pullin up an old thread but, the times, they are a changing.

I'm using a Samsung 4 Tab 8 and a new Leica Disto E7100i laser distance measuring device that'll measure down to 1/32" of an inch. It doesn't have an inclinometer so if you're shakey, it might be a 1/4" off the actual length.

I've been beating the bushes looking for a program that will work with it and allow me to do the as-builting drawings I'm creating my clients but, to no avail. Leica does have 2 programs, one that will run on your tablet where you basically draw a line to the north, measure it with the disto, and it'll blueray to the program, then you drag it right onto the line you just drew. It looks like it'll store multiple readings but, I haven't figured out how to take a bunch of shots around a room, then go back to the software and pull each one out and put them on the lines.

One thing I really don't like about it is that when you draw a line, it has no value to it, just a direction.. Then when you add the length to it, it doesn't scale the line at all. Basically you have to stay on your toes to make sure you have all the doors and windows measured and drawn up on the program.

There are a few other programs for it but, they all seem to only be for the IPad. Do these companies think the IPad is the only device people use?

I can even run the Leica software on my Samsung Galaxy 2 phone and do the same thing.

WARNING: Check the specs on the Disto. Some of the older ones used Bluetooth 2.8 and they won't work with the current standard of 4.0.. Believe me, I tried everything..

Cadtag, the drawing features of these tablet programs (to include A360) normally use a grid system or manual input. Granted, when I create a file of a drawing with my Leica, it doesn't save a .dxf or .dwg file. It creates a file I can download and insert into Autocad, then make the adjustments based on what measurements were taken.

As for it not being a Cad program?? Hmm.. Interesting..

There are even some stylus thingy's some folks use but, give the Leica Sketch program a test. Not like you're looking for the accuracy in your drawing but, the drawing is just a simple representative of things in the room you want to measure out.. The distances are accurate though..