Thread: 2 Things - Displays & Terminals

Login to Give a bone

Default 2 Things - Displays & Terminals

I am working ACADE 2012. I just finished up the fundamentals class and I could swear he said you could "move" components to the front or back. For example, when you lay in DIN rail and put components on top of it I would like the DIN rail to not show thru. How do you do that?

Second, I have all of my terminals defined and cataloged and the whole deal but when I pull up the terminal strip editor it doesn't show all of my terminals. Why???

I could stop if I wanted to RenataP's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2 Things - Displays & Terminals

Hi, if you still need help with the components view, front or back, this is a function in regular AutoCAD. This is found on the HOME tab ribbon under Modify. It looks like three pieces of paper and the command is DRAWORDER. There are four choices; Bring to Front, Send to Back, Bring Above Objects, and Send Under Objects. When using DIN rail I use this alot. Very helpful.

As to terminals not showing up...verify the Location: and Tag Strip: as these will determine which terminal strip you are using. If they still do not show up, check the block names. Are they in the terminal strip editor and not on the drawing?