Thread: Removal of Departments from room assignments

Login to Give a bone

Default Removal of Departments from room assignments

We created our office template from a previous project. In doing so it brought along a lot of definitions for Room-departments specific to that project. Is there a way to clear them out or edit them to something else? For example the original project was a classroom building so several rooms had "English" as a department designation. Now I'm working on a Lab building and when I go to add a department, "English" still shows up in the pull down (along with 50 others). Can those be removed or edited? Do they show up in a Key Schedule somewhere?

Thanks
    Tim

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Removal of Departments from room assignments

Add the Department parameter to your Room Schedule....you can modify them there...

Depending on how many departments you have it may be quick to modify or it may take a little while...Because its a system parameter though, the only way you can modify them all at once is to select all rooms on a level and change the Department in the Properties to something else.

Just tested it, you can put in a space so that it makes it look like its empty.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately all of the departments that are in the pull down list are not assigned to a room in the project... so when I add the parameter to the room schedule, it only shows the departments that I have assigned...

Could there be a way to purge the system parameter for "department"?

Thanks!

Tim

Login to Give a bone

As long as room has something in the department field it will show up in the pull down list.

So if you still have a list even though all your rooms you added a blank to it...make sure you don't have any Not Placed Rooms that may have info there.

But now that I say that, I tried to get rid of the 100 or so departments I have in my open project (luckily its a copy) and I still have 6 that are showing up from somewhere.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"