See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Wacom Tablet or similar

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Wacom Tablet or similar

Hi,
    I'm lookinfg at getting a basic wacom tablet (bamboo I think) to use with Autodesk Sketchbook pro and would like to know if it'll work with other Autodesk products like AutoCAD, Revit, etc. Any ideas? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wacom Tablet or similar

I have used a wacom for Acad, and it worked, at least as a basic pointing device. Other than the basic functionality, I was not impressed, and found it much less useful than a mouse, and far less useful than the old school digitizing tablet with a 16 button puck. Since Acad does not have any understanding or pressure sensitivity, all I could use it as was a stylus/cursor - and the buttons on the pen felt very awkward in use (for CAD).

The models that support multi-touch on the other hand, do look interesting, but i can't speak from experience for their functionality.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for that cadtag. Did some googling & the general consensus seems to be that for cad, but fantastic for sketching etc. because of the pressure sensitivity. Also judging from the lack of response here I think it's not something cadders would use.

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have used Tablets for autocad for about 6 years now. My intuos is fantastic no batteries and I have set the button on the other end of the pen as erase.

I would recomend getting either a keyboard with a "mouse Wheel" or the better option of a Nostromo N52 which is fantastic value.

I went this way because long work hours and home gaming left my hand and wrist a wreck, no pain since I went to the pen tablet.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Statler thanks for that, can you give me a bit of detail re your intuos as there are quite a few sizes and would like to know what an optimum size is.

All AUGI, all the time Richard McDonald's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Iu have the A5 version. They are expensive but so far "touch wood" it has lasted twice as long as the other 2 tablet makes I have tried.

You will struggle for about a week and things will feel strange and clunky but after you get the co-ordination sorted its cool

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the info Richard. I've got myself a basic Wacom Pen tablet on the weekend (Father's Day ) & started fiddling with it. Though small, it works quite well as it can be configured as a pen for sketch programs - the cursor position on the tablet is reflected on screen; or as a mouse, which works well with ACAD, and for zooming I can have a mouse with a scroll wheel on my left. As you said, it takes a bit of getting used to. After that maybe an Intuos!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi everyone, I use Revit daily for drawing, modeling, and coordination .

I use a XP-Pen Deco Pro Drawing Pad and I've used Wacom intuos before as well.

it compatible with Autodesk Sketchbook Pro ,AutoCAD,Revit , photoshop etc

the XP-Pen Deco series usually have large drawing area at lower costs , you can have a look .