Thread: Buzzsaw? is it worth it?

Login to Give a bone

Default Buzzsaw? is it worth it?

Simple question, we are a small but busy company, 10 people or so, and I would like to hear opinion on the practical benefits of buzzsaw.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Buzzsaw? is it worth it?

Huuuge response.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Buzzsaw? is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrowne
    Huuuge response.
    lol. ~pulls up a chair~ you look lonely.
    here you can have my $0.02...

my construction department (I don't work for them, they just manage the projects for my facility) used to use buzzsaw for their collaboration with contractors. It was nice, I could put up my ex arch drawings, and my cad standards, so I couldn't get bs about them not being centrally available... it seemed sort of slow to navigate, but, that was at least one release ago if not two, i'm sure our infrastructure here has been upgraded since also.
    anyway, right before the last version of buzzsaw was released, they stopped using it and switched to another company, um, I don't know why.
    I think the new things is called construction ls? seems to work just about the same, with permissions and all that.
    hth?
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I guess with your being a small company. the bigger question is can you support to cost. My company is looking into it but were not currently subscribing to it. IVe used the demo and set up a couple of projects using it and it is a real help but the cost starts at $10000 USD a year and goes up from there depending on how much youre storing and if you need any customization to the forms or anything like that at all.

My best advice is try out the 30 day demo on a project or 2 and see if it improves your process enough that the time and money savings you get will be worth the investment.

Login to Give a bone

Replies! excellent. I was almost taking the silence as a sign in itself.

I did the months trial, admittedly didn't do it to its full extent, didn't see the point if we weren't going to implement it. It takes a understanding of it across the board to work I think, not just one keen person for a month..

But thanks for your help!

Login to Give a bone

Just a note regarding the cost. We are leasing space from a local CAD company on their Buzzsaw site. They had to get permission from AutoDesk to do this, but it makes so much sense because it makes it affordable for us. We'd have to use a lot of space for it to make sense to switch to our own subscription.

Feel free to ask me for the company name. I don't know if anyone else is reselling Buzzsaw space.

Login to Give a bone

The last company I worked for was working with buzzsaw. I only worked on one project with it before I moved on but I definitely thought it was a great tool.