Thread: Construction Limit Lines

Login to Give a bone

Default Construction Limit Lines

We've got a hospital project that we are only updating some of the rooms. We'd like to do a construction limit line around them to show which rooms are being changed.

Normally we'd just do a detail line around the area, but we've got several different versions of the floor plans/ceiling plans that I would like to have the lines show up in all of them, and update in all of them when they change (which they will).

The only way i can think to do this is create a detail group of each area then copy it to the plans...the problem with this is that I know, at some point, the limit lines will get moved, as a group, on one plan and not the other.

I thought about making a new wall type and creating a wall that that surrounds the area, but I'm sure there is no way to make that work with out it joining with walls/doors that it cuts through.

Anyone have a good way to do this?

All AUGI, all the time Alex Page's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Construction Limit Lines

You've got the logic right with the detail groups....but instead of "moving" them, you edit the group and move the detail lines there, save the group and then they will move in all plans. - thats what Id do

I certainly wouldnt make a wall, strange things will interact with it!

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the reply alex. I guess what I meant by moving them (outside of the group) was more like if we move the entire group in one plan but forget in the other. Not a huge issue. I'll just pin them and go with that.

Thanks,
    Josh

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I would lean more towards using the matchline tool for this. The matchline propagates through views (similar to grids). You also have the added flexibility of adjusting top and bottom constraints.

If you need to change the graphics, you could override graphics in views or set up a filter.

Login to Give a bone

Construction limit lines, also known as property lines or lot lines, are the boundaries that define a piece of land. They are used to indicate the limits of a property and to separate it from neighboring properties. They are established through legal surveying and are usually marked by physical boundaries such as fences, walls, or even natural features like rivers or roads. Construction within these lines is generally permissible, but any construction that extends beyond them would require permission from the neighboring property owner or government entity.