I am very new to this. I contacted my county agencies and received several county road maps with data in .shp files. I used map insert to bring in the files and attached the data to the maps when brought in. I have sucessfully placed the road maps on the workspace. I used annotation editor to set up annotation tables, selected the data from the converted .shp files place road names on one layer and road addresses on another layer. I sucessfully placed these on the workspace in the correct locations with the roads. Now, here's the issue. I have over a dozen counties I am working with. This has created close to 30 or so layers (road name and road address by county). I want to simplify the map by combining all the road name layers into a single layer for all counties and the same with road addresses. Somehow these layers are associated with layer 0 and I cant do a layer merge. Since I created the attribute (data)tables for the annotations under a single annotation table name, I cant break them apart by having a annotation table name for each set of road name and road address. I need to have the road names and addresses in different layers. So how do I separate out? I may not be clear on this and may need to provide more information.