Thread: Asset Builder

Login to Give a bone

Default Asset Builder

I have been creating assets for a Warehouse rack system, consisting of a part for each beam level (4 beams per asset), and two uprights.
    I have a huge warehouse to cover, and I have been placing my assets one by one on the floor of the assembly where I have a 2D CAD background. I set up my connectors to make sure they snap into place, and it's been going good for a while, but now I have a substantial amount of assets, and on top of that, I still need to create conveyor, new warehouse racks, etc....

Inventor is starting to bog down every time it produces a new asset to plop in the assembly, to the point that I don't think it's going to be capable of handling everything.
    Should I create multiple rack as one asset, which would contain multiple individual beams, uprights, etc? would that be less of a burden on the memory?

What would be the least strenuous way to show an asset on a background multiple times without taxing inventor?

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Asset Builder

Sounds like you're using Factory Design Suite. I'm not too familiar with it (haven't used that flavor of Inventor myself). But I'd presume combining as much as possible into one asset would give you the best performance.

Just my thoughts.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Asset Builder

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan.landeros View Post
    Sounds like you're using Factory Design Suite. I'm not too familiar with it (haven't used that flavor of Inventor myself). But I'd presume combining as much as possible into one asset would give you the best performance.

Just my thoughts.
    Thanks Jon, and yes, I should have specified that we are using Factory design suite.
    It's just a huge warehouse I'm working on and regardless if I use feature, or contain as many parts into one sub assy as possible, it still becomes a memory hog towards the end, even with the 'enable' function turned off.