See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Paper space changes line scale

Login to Give a bone

Question Paper space changes line scale

When I draw a hidden line in model space, it looks and prints like one (dashes).
    When I plot from paper space with a scale of 1/2" = 1', it draws solid lines or none at all.
    A quick fix to get the project done was to set the scale of all hidden lines to 1/24. Everything plotted fine.

Is there something I'm missing, like a setting in paper space that will stop it from changing the scale of the line?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Paper space changes line scale

Hi

My initial guess would involve system variables MEASUREMENT & MEASUREINIT and how they relate to the Acad.lin & AcadIso.lin files.

If my above guess is correct, have a read through the following threads (take note of all links within) as they should hopefully help explain what is happening and why -

ltscale restricted to viewport

Customized Hatches

Different scales for lines in different viewports

Dashed lines not dashed in Layout view

Loading Hatch / Linetype default files. (Posted for a user)

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thanks!!!!
    That's a lot of info to soak in, but I'll spend this weekend looking at it all.

I could stop if I wanted to IanR's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Look into PSLTSCALE as well.
    Loyalty above all else except honor
    For my honor is my life!

Login to Give a bone

Your typical Model Space global settings (command: LTSCALE) will probably be set to something like 28, 32, 48 or something like that. This controls how many dashes and dots and so forth are displayed while you are in Model Space ... BUT ...

When you are in Paperspace, you have an additional setting (command PSLTSCALE) that you want to set to < 0 > ... that's < zero > as opposed to < 1 >. What happens then is that your line scales are displayed exactly as they are in Model Space.

Finally, if they still don't show up exactly in Paperspace as they are in Model Space when you type < REGEN >, remember that REGEN alone doesn't work in Paper Space - you must type < REGENALL > to get the viewports to regenerate. Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

Excellent reply from ARCHSOLUTIONSINC for paper space scaling
    Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to IanR's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHSOLUTIONSINC
    Your typical Model Space global settings (command: LTSCALE) will probably be set to something like 28, 32, 48 or something like that. This controls how many dashes and dots and so forth are displayed while you are in Model Space ... BUT ...

When you are in Paperspace, you have an additional setting (command PSLTSCALE) that you want to set to < 0 > ... that's < zero > as opposed to < 1 >. What happens then is that your line scales are displayed exactly as they are in Model Space.

Finally, if they still don't show up exactly in Paperspace as they are in Model Space when you type < REGEN >, remember that REGEN alone doesn't work in Paper Space - you must type < REGENALL > to get the viewports to regenerate. Hope this helps.
    While all of this is true, you will run into problems if you use different scaled vports and your PSLTSCALE is set to 0. You may want to leave your setting at 1 and your ltscale at 1 when you are in Pspace if you have multiple vports with different sales.
    Loyalty above all else except honor
    For my honor is my life!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmelanson
    While all of this is true, you will run into problems if you use different scaled vports and your PSLTSCALE is set to 0. You may want to leave your setting at 1 and your ltscale at 1 when you are in Pspace if you have multiple vports with different sales.
    I have been fighting this problem for a long time. I have used your suggestion and find it works well for plotting purposes, but when editing the drawing all linetypes appear as continuous. I find myself keeping the LTScale set to one of the viewport scales and having to remember to set it back to 1 for plotting. Unfortunately, at times other users who are unaware of this have wasted many plots. I have found that if I make each scale a viewport for editing I can get the line types to display properly, but only if it is sized correctly for the plot scale. Even then the elements that are modified change ratios with zooming causing some bizarre displays until regenerated.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by quiggle
    I have been fighting this problem for a long time. I have used your suggestion and find it works well for plotting purposes, but when editing the drawing all linetypes appear as continuous. I find myself keeping the LTScale set to one of the viewport scales and having to remember to set it back to 1 for plotting. Unfortunately, at times other users who are unaware of this have wasted many plots. I have found that if I make each scale a viewport for editing I can get the line types to display properly, but only if it is sized correctly for the plot scale. Even then the elements that are modified change ratios with zooming causing some bizarre displays until regenerated.
    I didn't quite follow this. Not the part about using one setting for LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE when working in model space, and another for plotting. I do that to, and it's annoying. I've been thinking of looking for or trying to write some Lisp thing that will automatically change LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE to 1 just for plotting, then change them back, but haven't gotten a round tuit yet.

I didn't follow the part about "scale a viewport for editing". What was that?

(BTW, I used to have a round tuit - it looked like a round guitar pick, and had "TUIT" engraved on it... I lost it when I was 12 years old, and have had a hard time getting anything done ever since... )

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by richards.64879
    I didn't follow the part about "scale a viewport for editing". What was that?
    Sorry about that, I was rushing too fast out the door with that one.

Actually I just found a solution today, thanks to Mike Perry directing me to a routine written by G Pope. It can be found at the last post here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=5522

This stores information for each tab including individual LTScale & PSLTScale. I do all of my editing in a full screen viewport on a tab that needs LTScale the same as Modelspace settings and PSLTScale 0. This is the only routine I have found that allows this.