Thread: Circuit Tag Display Order by Creation??

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Angry Circuit Tag Display Order by Creation??

I'm having trouble with how the wire tag is displaying the circuit numbers. Typically we show them in counting order as 1,3,5. My issue is that they are displaying as 5,3,1. The workflow to get this, is to create the circuits, then move them in the panel, then tie them together as a multi-circuit home run. If they are created in the correct order, they display in the correct order. But if they ever change circuits, the tag displays them out of order. Please see attached videos if this isn't clear enough. The information is correct, but it looks like we can't count. Also this behavior did not occur in 2010 release or the initial 2011 release. It does occur if all the updates are applied to 2011, and it does occur in the 2012 release (with current updates, couldn't test without). Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how did you address it?

Wrong Behavior (2011-2012):
    http://screencast.com/t/kpbo3UyC

Right Behavior (2010 & early 2011):
    http://screencast.com/t/jti9k0pkqps

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Circuit Tag Display Order by Creation??

Wow, that wierd. Sorry I don't have any help. Try disconnecting and recircuit? Pain I know.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

The project is 360,000 sqft, re circuiting as a means of management is just not going to be practical. Besides, we would have to wait till the last submission to correct all of them, and then expect nothing to change during construction or or as-builts.... It could be done, but not a viable solution for the long term.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

In-case anyone else is researching this, here is an update.

Autodesk is on the case. Here is a response I have from Tech. Support.

"After speaking with our Development group regarding the homerun tag issue, it looks like there was a major change to the Panel Schedules, and it looks like this tag issue is an unintended result.

I have logged this issue with them to see if they have anymore information regarding a possible fix for this issue.

We cannot guarantee that they will be able to find a fix for this issue, nor can we give you a timeline as to when we will hear from them."

So at least they acknowledge a problem and might fix it......eventually.
    Last edited by ddraynor; 2011-10-27 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Grammar change

Login to Give a bone

I don't have a work around for this. I have had this problem in both 2011 and 2010.

Login to Give a bone

This is a very annoying problem. It still conveys the information, but, like you said, makes the engineer look dumb (like they can't count).

Two things I do to makes sure it displays correctly:

1. Think ahead as much as I can. I try to know what circuits will be grouped together before I circuit them. Before I wire circuits to one another I power them up individually and in the order I will eventually want them to display (i.e. 1 then 3 then 5). Once I connect them, the home run tag will display circuits in the proper order.

2. If the home run tag is out of order, and the circuit designation isn't critical, just go to the panel and move the circuits around. For example, if the tag reads 3,1,5 just go flip flop the circuits 1 and 3 and the tag will change as well.

THese aren't terribly efficent ways to solve the problem, especially in a very large building, but it's one way to do it.