Thread: Image in annotation scale problem

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Image in annotation scale problem

I know this is bad practice, but I am out of options. I need to create a set of fire symbols for a project. When I try to generate the symbols with the Revit tools in an annotation family I very quickly have the minimum line length problem and can even get close to creating the symbol. I have now tried to use jpg images of the symbols in a generic annotation family. In the family the image looks perfect, but when loaded into a project the symbol is scaled to a random size that is larger than my project. Has anyone else had this issue or tried to use image files in a generic annotation?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Image in annotation scale problem

Have you tried drawing the annotation at a larger size then scaling it down? I can only imagine that using an image is going to be more trouble than it's worth, even if you figure it out temporarily.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I have tried that. When it is scalled down to the size I need the some of the segments become too short for Revit's liking and they need to be deleted. I have tred to make the symbol a little bolder but I really need to make it much larger than it should be.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

My work around for this was to make the symbols we needed to use as Detail Componenets. It allowed me to model them larger than the size they were to be shown on a drawing sheet (actual size). Since they were all used on a sheets that were set to a specific scale and they are only used at that scale I did not need the flexibiliy tha an annotaion component would provide.

However, I have tried to use the detail components nest in families that were set to instance visibility paramenters so if I have a fire door I can make a check in the family so it would be noted as a fire door and the symbol would appear in my fire drawing and the check appears in my door schedule. I have set it so it is only visible when the detail level is set to course, which works well most of the time, but is there a way thay I can control the visibility of these nested detail components, so the visibility can be controlled view by view?