Thread: Not your typical pipe fitting lookup table problem

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Not your typical pipe fitting lookup table problem

First, big thanks to egleaves for uploading these pipe fittings, saved me a ton of work.
    http://www.augi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135361

I downloaded the aformentioned template file and lookup tables, and copied the csv files to the appropriate folder on our server (I:\BIM\Revit\2012\LookupTables). I checked the revit.ini file to make sure everything was pointing to the right file location, and confirmed that it was.

I started testing the fittings in the template file, and they came in broken (see attached). I tried everything I could think of to fix the fittings, and eventually copied the lookup tables back into my local hard drive (default Revit Lookup Table location). They worked. My question is why. My .ini file is still looking at the I drive location, why oh why would copying the lookup tables back to my C drive cause them to suddenly work?

I need a beer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Not your typical pipe fitting lookup table problem

All indications are that you are still pointed to the c drive for look up tables. Did you restart revit after changing the ini? Also what version are you using? If you are in 2012, there are 2 ini files. If I recall, you have to change the G U I D number for the 1st ini file to get it to update the second ini. I am not at a computer now but you can Google to find the location of both ini files. It is spelled out on autdesk site.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by SSR_Sparky View Post
    All indications are that you are still pointed to the c drive for look up tables. Did you restart revit after changing the ini? Also what version are you using? If you are in 2012, there are 2 ini files. If I recall, you have to change the G U I D number for the 1st ini file to get it to update the second ini. I am not at a computer now but you can Google to find the location of both ini files. It is spelled out on autdesk site.
    I knew it! I knew there had to be more than one ini file. You just won me a bet. Yes this is on 2012. Thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

All,

I have been unsuccesful in getting these fittings to work. It must be the Look Up table or the ini files. I am expierienced in Revit but not so much with the tables and ini files. I am using 2012 with everything on the c drive.

I would love to use welded fittings and reducing tees. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Bob

Login to Give a bone

Hi Guys,

I updated both ini files, but it is not working for me :\ I looked for couple of forums but I have not found any solution. Can anybody help me ?

We have a file server and we would like to use this PC for storing the Lookup tables.

In the revit.ini files the line which refer to the destination of the lookup tables looks like this:
    LookupTableLocation=\\Mh-central-1\LookupTables\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME2012\Lookup Tables\Pipe\

I shared the folder which contains the csv files with a name of LookupTables in the PC which "called" Mh-central-1.
    I tried to use IP address instead of computer name I also tried to create a network drive and refer to it and still does not work.
    Last edited by barack370831; 2012-01-20 at 05:31 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by barack370831 View Post
    LookupTableLocation=\\Mh-central-1\LookupTables\ProgramData\Autodesk\RME2012\Lookup Tables\Pipe\
    Found the problem ... make sure you do not add \Pipe to the search path. I did the same thing and was having issues as well.

Also what sucks all the piping I already added did not update with the correct fittings. Only after I deleted the fittings and put them back in did the fittings look correct.

Below is our lookup table search path info.
    If you are having issue with your pipe fittings please check the following files.
    go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit MEP 2012\Program\UserDataCache\ and edit the Revit.ini make sure the look up table location is as follows
    LookupTableLocation=Q:\Design\Revit\Revit MEP 2012\LookupTables

also you will need to edit one more Revit.ini in the location below.. just make sure the Q:\Design\Revit\Revit MEP 2012\LookupTables is the location again

C:\Users\USERName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit MEP 2012\Revit.ini

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for the help! It is working finally !

Login to Give a bone

I'm having a very strange problem with my lookup tables. I was having troubles getting my family to reference my lookup table correctly after editing it. Eventually I just gave up and deleted the lookup table from the folder but realized somehow my family is still referencing the wrong values (ie it doesn't give the error when it can't find a lookup table).

I'm sure its not the path because all the other fittings I was editing worked fine.

I had this problem before, and found a solution. If I save an new file with the same name outside of the folder then drop the new file in the folder to save over the old one. It worked before but I've been trying several different things (such as restarting revit) but nothing seems to be working.

If anyone has any idea what else I can try please let me know! thanks.

Login to Give a bone

If anyone ever runs into the same problem as me. I found a solution. It's not the best but it works.

If you create a new lookup table outside of your lookup table folder (with the same name), and add a new parameter ( I just used T for test and values of 1). Replace the existing one in the lookup table folder with your new file. Go into your Revit family and try to reference this new parameter. Somehow this resets your parth and updates the other parameters that wouldn't link properly.

I hope no one else has to go through the head banging confusion that I had to. If anyone knows a better solution please let me know!

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Martin! Our ini file was looking at ...\pipe\. Once I got rid of that in the ini file everything worked like a charm.