Thread: drawings on 30x42" titleblock: client now wants 11x17" titleblock

Login to Give a bone

Default drawings on 30x42" titleblock: client now wants 11x17" titleblock

So I have been developing drawings on a 30x42" titleblock and now I get word the client wants the drawings at 11x17". What would be the best way to deliver this? When I try to scale these drawings down to 11x17" all of my annotations and view markers begin to make the drawing illegible as they do not scale down. Thanks in advance.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: drawings on 30x42" titleblock: client now wants 11x17" titleblock

Change the scale and rework your annotations.

Sounds like an odd request. Maybe you can rework to 22x34 and scale by 505?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Does the client want these produced on 11x17 as a deliverable or do they just want to view the progress on 11x17?

If its the latter, then its a simple print to fit.

If its the former, then unfortunately you will nee to rework your views to fit. As you have already experienced, the annotation scales relative to the view scale they always print at the same size. This will make producing a set of documents on 11x17 more difficult.

You could create new families for your annotations (grids, sections, elevations...) that work with the smaller format, but I have found that the effort-to-benefit in doing this generally is not in your favor.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jcoe View Post
    Does the client want these produced on 11x17 as a deliverable or do they just want to view the progress on 11x17?

If its the latter, then its a simple print to fit.

If its the former, then unfortunately you will nee to rework your views to fit. As you have already experienced, the annotation scales relative to the view scale they always print at the same size. This will make producing a set of documents on 11x17 more difficult.

You could create new families for your annotations (grids, sections, elevations...) that work with the smaller format, but I have found that the effort-to-benefit in doing this generally is not in your favor.
    I believe it is a simple progress print at 11x17". I have tried fit to page and it simply does not scale the drawing to 11x17".

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

If it's a progress set to review, don't make yourself crazy trying to scale correctly for 11x17. Just print it to fit for 11x17 and call it good.