Thread: Object Snap Tracking Not working

Login to Give a bone

Default Object Snap Tracking Not working

This is a problem I have encountered in AutoCAD 2009 & 2012 as well as Civil 3D 2012. If there is a better place for this post please move as appropriate.

I recently switched to a dual monitor setup, with AutoCad running on my main monitor and several palettes positioned on my second monitor, such as the prospector tab(C3D), properties palette, tool palettes and also the command line.

It seems that as soon as the command line, is positioned on the second monitor, object snap tracking does not work.

Has anyone had this problem? or know how to fix it?

Thanks
    CJB

Operating system is Windows 7 x64
    Colin Bell
    CAD Manager
    Grontmij

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Object Snap Tracking Not working

I have not experienced this, and have worked with Land Desktop 2009 for years prior to now working with Civil 3D 2011/2012.

As you wish to have several palettes, etc. on the second monitor, consider actually stretching the application window onto the second monitor (so that all of the desired palettes are within the application window limits itself), and see if that may help the issue you're experiencing.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3630, Core i9-9900K 5.0GHz, 128GB RAM, Samsung 970 Pro M.2, 8GB NVIDIA Quadro P4000

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the sugestion RenderMan.

You were right, with the command line back within the main application window, everything is back to normal and working fine.

The only problem is that I would still prefer to have the palettes floating on the second monitor, which puts me back to square one.

Any more suggestions?

Someone else must have seen this!
    Colin Bell
    CAD Manager
    Grontmij

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post

You were right, with the command line back within the main application window, everything is back to normal and working fine.
    You're welcome.

The only problem is that I would still prefer to have the palettes floating on the second monitor, which puts me back to square one.

Any more suggestions?

Will this not work..?

Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    As you wish to have several palettes, etc. on the second monitor, consider actually stretching the application window onto the second monitor (so that all of the desired palettes are within the application window limits itself), and see if that may help the issue you're experiencing.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3630, Core i9-9900K 5.0GHz, 128GB RAM, Samsung 970 Pro M.2, 8GB NVIDIA Quadro P4000

All AUGI, all the time gfreddog's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Any more suggestions?

I use dual monitors with AutoCAD 2012 (Vanilla) and have all my Tool Palettes, layer manager, xref manager etc over on screen 2 with AutoCAD on screen 1.

I also turned off the command line and use Dynamic Input to gain more space.

See attached screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    George V. Fournier Jr., CTS
    Sr. Sales Engineer - Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2014
    2006 AUGI DAWG (7th) - NJ AUGI Camp
    Volunteer Firefighter since 1985 & Bagpiper Wanna-be
    With the freedom of expression comes great responsibility

Login to Give a bone

It only works with the application stretched over the 2 monitors, which isn't how I would like it set up.

I would prefer a setup similar to Gfreddog in his screenshot.

I tried using dynamic input and it seems to work fine with or without the command window visible on the second monitor.

Thanks for the help

CJB
    Colin Bell
    CAD Manager
    Grontmij

Login to Give a bone

It only works with the application stretched over the 2 monitors, which isn't how I would like it set up.

I would prefer a setup similar to Gfreddog in his screenshot.

I tried using dynamic input and it seems to work fine with or without the command window visible on the second monitor.
    This makes no sense to me, but as long as you've found something that works for you, then that's what matters.

I'm just saying that if you're going to have both screens (partially, or completely) covered in AutoCAD windows, dialogs, palettes, etc. (as gfreddog shows) then there's no real difference from maximizing the application window to both displays.

If getting your drawing space to orient the way you want is the issue, then dock the palettes, etc. on the right side, and stretch them to take up the entire right display accordingly.

Cheers!

Computer Specs: