Thread: Unable to merge regions

Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to merge regions

I have four corridors for ditches. Three are created with one assembly (10' flat bottom with 4:1 slopes to existing ground, 7' deep), and one is with another assembly (204 flat bottom with 4:1 slopes to existing ground, 9' deep). One of the small ditches runs into the larger (actually a detention pond,) and a second smaller ditch exits the detention pond. I am trying to merge these three corridors but have not had any success. They are all on the same baseline. I am pretty new to corridors and have never merged corridors before. The ACAD Help File examples discuss merging regions that are separated, but right now my smaller ditches cross the boundary of the larger corridor. I have changed the stationing of one of the smaller ditches to bring it outside of the boundary of the larger one, but still am unable to merge them. When I try to "Select a region to merge into" the command line says, "Nothing selected, pick within a region boundary." Do I need to first create corridor surfaces in order to perform this operation? If not, what could be the problem?

Thanks,
    Jude

added: I am using C3D 2011 on Win 7
    Last edited by judekw; 2011-12-09 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to merge regions

What I have done now is to "Add Regions" from my inflow ditch to my detention pond and to my outflow ditch. I chose the appropriate assemblies for each region that I added. however, my 4:1 slopes to natural ground are not showing up in my corridors that were added ad regions to my inflow ditch. the slopes on my inflow ditch corridor are still there.

I apologize if my terminology is incorrect or confusing. This is my first project using corridors. I decided to use corridors in this instance so that I could get accurate cut and fill quantities. After adding regions I was able to merge regions. I did this thinking it would transition the profiles properly where the inflow and outflow ditches meet the detention pond. I'm going to make a few sample lines and cut sections now to see how they look, but if my slopes are not there they of course will not be accurate.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

you will SOLVE ALL of these issues with one simple solution.

Create a SINGLE master corridor with MULTIPLE BASELINES and Multiple Regions along each corridor.
    Then the regions will not need to be merged from corridor XX into Corridor XB

Login to Give a bone

Yes, this is what I have now done. I just finished up the corridors at the end of the workday today. Monday I will create the surfaces and cut some sections to see how it worked out.

Thanks.