Attention Autodesk and Electrical Engineers/Designers:

For a panelboard:
Connected load = Apparent Power Phase A + Apparent Power Phase B + Apparent Power Phase C

Revit is not doing this for some panel schedules & panel properties. Sometimes Revit decides to set the connected load to "0". Sometimes Revit decides to set the connected load to a random number. Sometimes Revit just decides to crash (unrelated but still applicable).

There is a workaround to this by changing the panel totals in a panel schedule to be the above formula. However, I find this really, really, really upsetting. This is not some stupid visibility issue that marginally annoys my QA reviewer, this is a extremely large issue which essentially removes any confidence I might have had with Revit's calculation output. I can say for a fact that there are numerous projects out in construction right now which have incorrect data on their construction documents. I can say for a fact that some engineers are using these wrong numbers to size panelboards and feeders for real construction projects. I can say with pretty high confidence that there are projects out there which are going to require change orders to re-pull feeders and change out OCP because Revit can't add.

I would strongly suggest everyone checks their panel schedules for their Revit MEP projects. It seems to be on projects which were updated either from 2010 to 2011 or 2011 to 2012.

Gustav Kirchhoff is turning in his grave.