Thread: Multi-Category Schedule Do Not Include

Login to Give a bone

Default Multi-Category Schedules Do Not Include All Families... why?

So I made a multi-category schedule and it does not include all families in the project. It is missing all those families which are "internal" to Revit i.e. walls, roofs, floors, ceilings, stairs, railings, ramps.

I cannot find a list of all the families that are included in a multi-category schedule. Before I check all the families loaded in my project against the multi-category schedule I wanted to see if this information is available anywhere: What families are included in a multi-category schedule?

BTW: The only thing I could find was that Multi-Category Schedules are supposed to include all Family categories that can have shared parameters; just about all Revit families

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Revit%20Architecture%202011/Program/help/en-us/wbh/filesUsersGuide/WS46b90c3cb2c58cad1cb25f1fc7fa49ed4-7ffd.htm

This is not the case. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Last edited by projecterra.266040; 2011-11-01 at 05:20 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multi-Category Schedule Do Not Include

Multi-Category Schedules include component based families, not system based. The workaround would be to create a Material Takeoff Schedule (make sure to include 1 material parameter). Use this material takeoff schedule like a "multi-category" one. Let me know how it works out for you...

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Chris,
    I tried the material schedule and it does not include ramps and railings. As far as I know items such as sweeps and specialty families may be excluded from both the material take-off and the multi-category.

I did find that the material parameter for my CW doors was not set up correctly in the family because it did not need to be for this project. As such, the material take-off counted two doors for every instance; 1 family type, 3 instances in the project, 6 instances in the material schedule. However, the door Schedule "Schedule/Quantities" shows the correct count (3) because of the parameter it is reading to schedule it.

I am simply trying to make a list of every system and component family in the project that is assigned to a specific phase. I see others are having similar problems.

Login to Give a bone

Hello I am a quantity surveyor in the UK and have come up with a solution. The material take off counts every material (or layer) within the composite object. (An external wall is Brick+Insulation+block). Add a Type parameter that I call Layers and input the value of the types layers IE 3.
    A calculated field is then [ Material:area / Layers] which will then divide all the instances back to the single object area.Put this field next to the count to make sure that it is the same.