Thread: Create Company Logo

Login to Give a bone

Angry Create Company Logo

I work for a small company (less than 50 total employees) and am looking to recreate our company logo in AutoCAD LT to use in my drawings and to be able to resize it with relative ease. The problem is I have a solid background with three letters set in a parallelogram. When I enter my text with the appropriate font I'm unable to make the background solid. I would like to make the letters clear, white, see thru, or however you'd like to say it and have a solid color around them. Is there a way I can do this without trying to free hand them? I've researched some other forums and have found commands to explode text to polylines but that doesn’t seem to work on LT version? Please Help!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by blitschmichael388008; 2011-12-14 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Attatchment

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create Company Logo

Hi, welcome to AUGI.
    Create the characters (and the parallelogram if you like) and post the file here. I, or someone else, will explode the text for you.

Login to Give a bone

I've attached the file to the origional post. Not sure if that is what I'm supposed to do or not but let me know if it works. Thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, you need to use an outline font not a single-stroke font so that the characters have enough width to be seen against the background when printed.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Not sure if it will work but find a TTF font that will meet you needs and come back as an outline into the drawing.
    WMFOUT the Text and then WMFIN.
    You should have an outlined Text then.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Let me see if I can describe what I did here and make it make sense. Is the attached file what you're after (look at a plot preview of the 8 1/2x11 ARS layout tab)?

Here's what is different from your original:

I started by copying and pasting the outline of your parallelogram and then filled it with a solid hatch. Same layers as yours.

Then I used the Title Text layer and placed single line text using your Logo 2 style. But I overrode the color by using Color 254. You'll see why in a second. I placed the text using Justify middle center and used M2P between the lower left and upper right corners. So far so good.

The trick to getting it "see thru" is in the plot style table for monochrome (but you could do this in any style). I changed the screening value for Color 254 to 0%. Now if you look at the actual plot you'll see it assume a white background. There's no magic to 254... if you need this color for something else pick another color... but be sure it's one you're not using for anything else. Setting the screen to 0% is going to make it invisible in print.

Let me know if I'm on the right track and this is what you're after.

Dave.
    Attached Files Attached Files