Thread: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

Wish List Administration

Default I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

Summary: Text Type

Description: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute. The Palette would automacily change to suite the requirements and differences between the various text types.

Product & Feature: AutoCAD

Submitted: Tue, 03 Jan 2012

Default Re: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

I'm not understanding what this request is asking for? If you've selected an annotation, be it a TEXT entigy or an ATTRIB entity, then the Properties palette reflects that selection. If you've selected multiple annotations, then the pull-down on the properties lets you narrow down to type of object.

Or is this a wish to (A) change object types from TEXT to MTEXT to ATTRIB etc.?

Default Re: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

This a wish to change object types from TEXT to MTEXT to ATTRIB etc.?. Hope that clarifies!

yeah, that helps. and no, i don't think it's a usable addition. Especially ATTRIBS. they never exist alone, but only as part of a block instantiaion. so how could you change a meaningful text string into a usable ATTRIB? first have to create an ATTDEF entity, populate it with all appropos settings, then create a block instance - and then insert the block instance.

I could sorta see this for TEXT to MTEXT and vice versa, but there are already ways to do that that give me better control. (txt2mtxt, explode).