Thread: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

Wish List Administration

Default I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

Summary: Text Type

Description: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute. The Palette would automacily change to suite the requirements and differences between the various text types.

Product & Feature: AutoCAD

Submitted: Tue, 03 Jan 2012

Default Re: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

I'm not understanding what this request is asking for? If you've selected an annotation, be it a TEXT entigy or an ATTRIB entity, then the Properties palette reflects that selection. If you've selected multiple annotations, then the pull-down on the properties lets you narrow down to type of object.

Or is this a wish to (A) change object types from TEXT to MTEXT to ATTRIB etc.?
    Real pirates wear silk suits & ties, and write EULAs
    The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government, is big business.

Toward a Sustainable Water Future: Visions for 2050 http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784412077

Default Re: I wish that in the properties Palette you can select via a drop down if text is Multiline, Single line or Attribute.

This a wish to change object types from TEXT to MTEXT to ATTRIB etc.?. Hope that clarifies!

yeah, that helps. and no, i don't think it's a usable addition. Especially ATTRIBS. they never exist alone, but only as part of a block instantiaion. so how could you change a meaningful text string into a usable ATTRIB? first have to create an ATTDEF entity, populate it with all appropos settings, then create a block instance - and then insert the block instance.

I could sorta see this for TEXT to MTEXT and vice versa, but there are already ways to do that that give me better control. (txt2mtxt, explode).
    Real pirates wear silk suits & ties, and write EULAs
    The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government, is big business.

Toward a Sustainable Water Future: Visions for 2050 http://ascelibrary.org/doi/book/10.1061/9780784412077