Thread: Font Problem

Login to Give a bone

Default Font Problem

When writing an Mtext for example "FINISHED GROUND AT c/l" I used the symbol c\l included in AutoCAD but the font shows different than the rest of the sentence. The font for the symbol itsel is ISOCPEUR and the rest of text is ROMANS. Just cant figure it out how they show combined.
    Please help.

AUGI Addict
    (getpoint "Anywhere on the Enter Key =>")
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Font Problem

Firstly, as what I understood, this is a sub-forum that people share their tips & tricks, not request a solution by rising a problem.
    Back to the issue, have you checked if the font used by the current text style is the same as the preset of "FONTALT"?

All AUGI, all the time arshiel88's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by hruiz View Post
    When writing an Mtext for example "FINISHED GROUND AT c/l" I used the symbol c\l included in AutoCAD but the font shows different than the rest of the sentence. The font for the symbol itsel is ISOCPEUR and the rest of text is ROMANS. Just cant figure it out how they show combined.
    Please help.
    Symbols Centerline, Property Line, Boundary Line etc. are special characters not common to all fonts. It just happened that ISOC* fonts have them all so it is used as default font when inserting these symbols. You can change it if you want but you only have few options. If its not available in a font, it wont change. Try Romans or Simplex or even Lucida Sans Unicode just for a change. Lastly, though they look combined, they are not. Its actually a single character. Use Windows Character Map to confirm.

Login to Give a bone

i have this same problem, and i want to change the font for special characters (like centerline) to match the font currently used (in this case: Simplex) but it won't work.

FONTALT is already set to Simplex.

do you have a suggestion as to how i change the "automatically generated special character" to match the current font (the way it was in AutoCAD 2010)?

(there is a center line character in the Simplex font, yet AutoCAD rejects it when i try to set to Simplex.)

All AUGI, all the time arshiel88's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I was able to change it to Simplex. I'm using AutoCAD 2011.

Did you highlight the text (in this case the Centerline symbol) before you changed the font to Simplex?

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I use to have my centerline to be correct font but when my Window 7 updated suddenly I got same font problem, It won't change the font even you highlight the character text. I found a way to fix this font problem. I went to the windows explorer, to windows, then font. I deleted the Isocpeur font. Reboot the system and it fix the problem. Reply to this tread if it fix yours too.