Thread: Update Robot Model with Revit?????

Login to Give a bone

Question Update Robot Model with Revit?????

Hi all

Anybody know how to update a exisitng Robot model using an Updated Revit model?

The getting started guides only tell you how to export a model to Robot and how to update your Revit model.

many thanks

Simon Roberts

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Update Robot Model with Revit?????

I've had an answer from Autodesk;

‘’The update of the model in Robot is done when you send the model from Revit too.
    Reading your description I assume that you made changes in both Robot and Revit at the same time (sort of Revit model > send to Robot > e.g change of sections in Revit and definition of loads in Robot > send model from Revit to Robot again) rather than in sequences (Revit model > send to Robot > definition of loads in Robot > update model in Revit > change of sections in Revit > send model from Revit to Robot again). The link supports the update only if you use the second way of working and in such case all loads defined in Robot should be there after update from Revit.

The key is to make the changes in the time sequence. After making the changes in Robot you update the model in Revit. Then you make the changes in Revit (on the model updated from Robot) and send it again to Robot. Following these steps you should have all the previous changes done in Robot still in the model that you just sent to Robot. This is basically the way of working described by Gabrielle (thank you for your contribution).’’

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi I have exactly the same situation, where I wish to apply loads in Robot but enable geometrical updates from the Revit model.

Each time I try sending the model to Robot it creates a completely new Robot model, even with update selected elements only. I have tried the update (both with elements selected in robot or revit or both) but that tells me that no elements have changed, which is correct in the Robot model hasn't changed.

Simon did you get it to work? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Matthew,
    Please read Simon's explanations in second post. They tell you exactly what you should do.
    After you define loads in Robot just update Revit model. Your loads will not show in Revit but when you "send" your Revit model again to Robot you will have your loads there.
    The link between Revit and Robot is designed in such way that Revit model is what you should work on and keep it updated. Robot model is just an extract of the Revit model. If you make any changes in Robot you may save them in rtd file for your reference but remember to also update Revit model.