Thread: To use a graphics tablet or not????

Login to Give a bone

Question To use a graphics tablet or not????

Is anyone using a graphics tablet with Revit 2012 products? I have been looking at wacom tablets (bamboo connect or capture) but am not sure if it works well with Revit. I have read in other forums that there are some issues with selecting drop downs and property tabs as well as the zoom/pan issue which appears to be addressed in another post (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=133220). I am wanting to try one of these and don't know if the touch capabilities work at all in Revit or if I would be better off without them.

Which tablet is best for Revit work?

If there are any structural engineers using one of these, do they work well with design software (RAM, RISA, etc.)?

I've been using a mouse for so many years now that I am afraid I won't be able to get used to a different input mechanism. I can't find a mouse that fits my hand or feels comfortable any longer and am exploring alternative options for input.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time,

Steve

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: To use a graphics tablet or not????

Hi Steve,

It takes a lot of time to get adjusted to a tablet and even more time to get good with it. I would not suggest a tablet with Revit as I do not see any advantages. I have one (Wacom 3), but I use it mostly with Photoshop here the pressure feature comes in handy for coloring.

There is a lot to choose from in terms of ergonomic mice nowadays. I use the following http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...e/devices/5743

Since you are interested in tablets, I would say to just buy one, but I doubt you will ever actually use it with Revit. You may be better of with a new toy such as a 3d Mouse for 3d view movement http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacenavigator.html or a track ball http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...ackMan-optical.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: To use a graphics tablet or not????

I primarily use Revit and AutoCAD with some use of Photoshop, Office (Word etc), and hope to start with Corel Painter in the future.

I have been using Autocad for some time now, and am starting to develop pains in my wrist and fingers. I have bought a XP-Pen Deco Pro to use instead of the usual mouse.

I've found it very useful and my wrist thanks me a lot. There was a little bit of time spent getting used to it, but overall I much prefer it to a mouse.

- - - Updated - - -

I primarily use Revit and AutoCAD with some use of Photoshop, Office (Word etc), and hope to start with Corel Painter in the future.

I have been using Autocad for some time now, and am starting to develop pains in my wrist and fingers. I have bought a XP-Pen Deco Pro Graphics Tablet to use instead of the usual mouse.

I've found it very useful and my wrist thanks me a lot. There was a little bit of time spent getting used to it, but overall I much prefer it to a mouse.