Thread: Space Mouse and NavisWorks

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Space Mouse and NavisWorks

So I've had this spacemouse for a few years now and I'm trying to automate some mind numbing tasks and saw the "custom function' button on thier mouse.

What I'm doing is this:

I have a spreadsheet with all my viewpoint names/numbers all figured out. Just aplha-numeric sorting. I right click one of the viewport names (Ctrl-C) then click inside my NavisWorks Viewport. Once I have the viewport where I want it, I click the little left button on my Space Mouse. It executes the following code:

<alt> V V SA <Enter> <Ctrl>+V >Enter> <Alt> R R R <Enter>

Now, what does all that do?? It saves the viewpoint, names it with the text that I saved earlier, hits return to make the viewpoint active, then sets up the review tab so I can draw an ellipse around the area that I want to show.

The only command I can't figure out is to force the ellipse routine if I happened to be drawing a line previously..

My right space mouse button will put a tag on the screen for me.

Now I just need voice control to write in what I want the tag to say.. <sigh> one of these days.. Although, with all these union contractors running around here, voice commands might not be the brightest idea.

Oh yeah, and I'm using the keypad autohotkey config as well posted elsewhere in this forum.

How are you using YOUR space mouse or space pilot (extremely jealous and working on getting one of those)
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space Mouse and NavisWorks

We just got some of these to test in the office. I plugged it in to navisworks and find that you can't walk anywhere, let alone fly. Other than this cool little macro, it looks pretty useless. Like an ashtray on a motorbike or screen doors on a submarine.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Or a speakerphone for checking voicemail.

All AUGI, all the time pauljordan's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Revit for Breakfast View Post
    We just got some of these to test in the office. I plugged it in to navisworks and find that you can't walk anywhere, let alone fly. Other than this cool little macro, it looks pretty useless. Like an ashtray on a motorbike or screen doors on a submarine.
    Ya just gotta do a little customizin R4B... I was mainly using the spacemouse because of that customizable button.. Not for maneuvering around the model. Although, I have seen a few folks use it for that purpose..

Might have to bring mine back from the states when I head home this weekend..
    Give a man AutoCad, and he'll draw you a floor plan.
    Give a man Revit and he'll build you a house.
    Give Cadmama a couple of drinks and she'll have everyone singing Rockytop!