Thread: Table Copy Paste AutoCAD to AutoCAD

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Wink Table Copy Paste AutoCAD to AutoCAD

I am creating a template schedule to be used for various projects. I created a simple table in AutoCAD, but when I go to copy and paste into a new AutoCAD file random cells loose the formatting. The text style is in both files so I'm not sure why it's happening and the cells that change, change as well depending on which file I copy paste into. I would prefer to copy and paste, rather than xref, in this instance.

Is there a way to make this work consistently? Maybe a cool trick I don't know?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Table Copy Paste AutoCAD to AutoCAD

Please post a file for review. We're having similar formatting issues with cells that contain block attributes and having a hard time solving the issue. See AUGI thread here.

We have had success with having tables xref'd to sheets, with all of the project tables in a single .dwg per project. Having a master xref limits the amount of opening/editing on individual sheets that (in my opinion) tends to corrupt the formatting.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyndan View Post
    I am creating a template schedule to be used for various projects. I created a simple table in AutoCAD, but when I go to copy and paste into a new AutoCAD file random cells loose the formatting. The text style is in both files so I'm not sure why it's happening and the cells that change, change as well depending on which file I copy paste into. I would prefer to copy and paste, rather than xref, in this instance.

Is there a way to make this work consistently? Maybe a cool trick I don't know?
    Take the following steps:

1-Find out which table style are you using from the properties of your table.
    2-Rename your table style.
    3-Purge your drawing.
    4-Paste your table.

Login to Give a bone

I am having similar problems in AutoCAD 2014. I created a table in one drawing with particular text formats in certain cells. I want to copy the table to another drawing, but when I do, the table goes crazy. Cell sizes and text formatting are lost. When I write blocked it, the block is fine, but when I inserted it into the other drawing, I got the same disaster. It's a lot of work to go back through the table to correct everything. Any ideas? Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Doug.Edwards699991 View Post
    I am having similar problems in AutoCAD 2014. I created a table in one drawing with particular text formats in certain cells. I want to copy the table to another drawing, but when I do, the table goes crazy. Cell sizes and text formatting are lost. When I write blocked it, the block is fine, but when I inserted it into the other drawing, I got the same disaster. It's a lot of work to go back through the table to correct everything. Any ideas? Thanks!
    I don't know for sure, but it could be due to the table style and text style(s) you're using. If you don't have unique names for these, or you have the same names for these in the file you're pasting them into, they will take on those properties.

So as the previous post suggests, make sure you have unique table style and text style names (versus) "standard" etc, and that those don't exist in the file you're pasting the table in.

Login to Give a bone

I have created a new table style (not standard) and using non standard text. When I use the AC Clipboard and paste spec\autocad entities, it pastes into some drawings with no changes, but another drawing still will not accept it. I have purged this other drawing of all that's purgeable and set the current table style to the one I am using, but it is still not working.