Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Drawing: Section Views Moved

Login to Give a bone

Default Corrupt Drawing: Section Views Moved

We have a stream channel alignment/profile cross section drawing with 50+ section views. Some section views were created as part of 8 separate section view groups while some were created individually. The drawing is apparently corrupted; many of the section views that belong to groups have moved on their own, perhaps back to the XY coordinates at which they were originally located. The individual section views are still in their original locations.

Has anyone seen this problem? The drawing was created in C3D 2009 but we've since upgraded to 2011.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Corrupt Drawing: Section Views Moved

there is nothing that would prevent you fram A) Moving them back to where you want them to be.
    OR
    B) creating new versions of them and inserting tme where you want them to be

I can't confirm the issue, however I'm fair certain autodesk will not offer a fix for it.
    Last edited by mjfarrell; 2012-01-13 at 01:26 PM.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Art,

One thing you may want to consider if you make new section views is to add extra sample lines at the end of your alignment. By doing this, you make it easier on yourself if you try to add new sections in the future.

With extra sample lines, it would be much easier to move the sample line in order to get a new section view than it would be to cut a new section that is not directly related to the group. When you update the section view group layout then, it will adjust everything to the new sample line stationing and you wouldn't have to do your manual moving of section views.

This is the method I use to add driveway or intermediate sections in the middle of a large project as a later time. I usually add the sample lines at an interval of 0.1 foot at the end of the alignment, and try to add enough to cover all the future drives that I think I might add.

I hope I've explained this thoroughly.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the replies.

Moving them manually back to their original locations would be a simple task if we hadn't added linework and text to each section view. We need to establish before & after reference points to move them back to precisely their original location.

On future projects we're going to create all section views individually to avoid this hassle again.

Login to Give a bone

We had the exact same problem upgrading from 2009 to 2012. Use the recover command to open the drawings in the newer version. You must do this before saving the file in the newer version.

Login to Give a bone

Today we've been opening (via Recover) one backup copy after another of this same drawing, archived at regular intervals throughout detailed design. In every instance, all of the section views that belong to a section view group have moved. Some of these drawings haven't been opened in months. Seriously, are we to expect that drawings can go kaplooey overnight like spoiled milk???

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Art, can I see some sample files, to see if there is something else to be done?

Login to Give a bone

Did RECOVER work on the 2009 sections? Or had you already saved them in 2012?

Login to Give a bone

@mjfarrell: file size is over the 2MB limit. (8 MB)
    @jpaulsen: RECOVER was unsuccessful on backup copies that were saved as 2007 version using C3D 2009, and also unsuccessful on our working copy that was already saved in 2011 format.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry Art. I didn't see your reply on the 13th until now.

I am not sure why recover isn't working for you. We have used it on 3 projects so far (about 30 section sheets) and all the sections are placed exactly where they were in 2009.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast