Thread: Turn on and off display of point groups with 1 or 2 clicks w/o changing the actual properties of the group.

Wish List Administration

Default Turn on and off display of point groups with 1 or 2 clicks w/o changing the actual properties of the group.

Summary: Changing the display properties of point groups is an inefficient way to chang the display of in depth surveys. There should be an option to right click and display point group without having to change the group display settings.

Description: Either there should be a check box next to the point groups so that we can turn them on/off like a layer or we should be able to right click on the point group and have it display or not. If I need to draw and the trees are in the way why should I have to change the display properties of the tree groups to none and none when I could just uncheck them or right click and say don't display or something. This is especially true when I know that later I'm going to have to reset the properties for that point group again. This method would make C3D more efficient.

thanks

Product & Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D

Submitted: Fri, 13 Jan 2012

Default Re: Turn on and off display of point groups with 1 or 2 clicks w/o changing the actual properties of the group.

I like this suggestion! Good thinking.

Default Re: Turn on and off display of point groups with 1 or 2 clicks w/o changing the actual properties of the group.

Agreed!!! It seems like a lot of time to temporarily shut off trees and then reselect and set them up again and shut off streets while I work on something else.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Turn on and off display of point groups with 1 or 2 clicks w/o changing the actual properties of the group.

This wish has been reported as granted and already in the software.