Thread: Use an Arc as a Leader for 'Best Fit' rule on Dimensions...

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Use an Arc as a Leader for 'Best Fit' rule on Dimensions...

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find the answer to my question so i decided to post it...

I'm trying to find a suitable way, using AutoLISP, to create a dimstyle that will use an arc as a leader for text being displaced when the 'Best Fit' rule is being applied, see the attached image (dim1.png) for reference of the look I'm trying to achieve.
    I've seen this look on several Architect's drawings, but they dimensions are exploded and are unable to be stretched or modified without editing the text/measurement.

Note: I'm not familiar with creating AutoLISP, nor am I too fluent in editing it, however, I do enjoy hacking at it to get it to try to achieve a variance of the original design; layers, colors, linetypes, etc. With that said, if this routine is achievable, I'd like for the arc to adjust in size or length as the text is displaced from it's default location, in case of overlapping leaders, see the attached image (dim2.png) for reference. Also, the dashed line would be an alternate location or instance of text placement.

I hope someone can help me attempt this or lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance AUGI
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Use an Arc as a Leader for 'Best Fit' rule on Dimensions...

You can make AutoCAD stuff with lisp, but only stuff that can be created without lisp. If you can't create a dimstyle with the dimstyle editor it can't be created.