Thread: Multiple Levels at 0'-0"

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple Levels at 0'-0"

I have 3 linked buildings into an overall file. Each one in the overall file is at a different level. I want each building to show the first floor level at 0' - 0" even though they are at different levels. Is this possible and if so how?

I could stop if I wanted to Exar Kun's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple Levels at 0'-0"

Yes - you should be displaying the levels of the linked buildings by linked view and have the elevation base of the levels in each linked project set to project. Then turn off levels in the host view once you've got them aligned to the levels they need to be set to.

Ideally you should be using shared coordinates to keep these files nicely linked and coordinated.

Login to Give a bone

When I leave the linked levels on in the view, they are not able to be moved around in sections or elevations to make them more legible. I want to be able to adjust them just as I would my copy/monitored grids. So I would prefer to copy/monitor the levels from the linked file and then still have them read 0'-0" even though in the host file it is actually at 39'-0". I also have one at 24' and one at 36'. I would like to have all three of these somehow show the 0'-0".

Login to Give a bone

I take it you're trying to document all buildings as part of a single construction project in the host (site?) file? If I were you, I'd be doing that with shared elevations instead of each building's floor level at 0. That way it will be clear which building is which in each view by the elevation of the floor level.

I often used shared elevations when multiple buildings or multiple finish floor levels are concerned. It just makes things easier to coordinate. You may want to show some dimensions between levels in certain sections or elevations, and the GC might need to do a little more math where you have spot elevations shown. But really, it's just easier all around.