Thread: The Help Window in AutoCAD 2011 Randomly Opens How do I Fix this??

Login to Give a bone

Question The Help Window in AutoCAD 2011 Randomly Opens How do I Fix this??

Hi everyone!! I am new here and hopefully, I am not asking a question that has already been asked and answered a thousand times before. If I am please point me in the direction of that post!!

I am having an issue with my AutoCAD 2011 randomly opening the Internet Explorer Help Window when I open a drawing. I along with other's at my company (who have complained to me about this issue) would REALLY like it to stop. Is there a setting in Options that I can't seem to find or a Command that will make this stop!! I am constantly opening drawings to check standards before approving them for their next phase and this either slows me down, or irritates the heck out of me!

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

Thanks,
    Rachael

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The Help Window in AutoCAD 2011 Randomly Opens How do I Fix this??

Quote Originally Posted by rachael.toppin117561 View Post
    Hi everyone!! I am new here and hopefully, I am not asking a question that has already been asked and answered a thousand times before. If I am please point me in the direction of that post!!

I am having an issue with my AutoCAD 2011 randomly opening the Internet Explorer Help Window when I open a drawing. I along with other's at my company (who have complained to me about this issue) would REALLY like it to stop. Is there a setting in Options that I can't seem to find or a Command that will make this stop!! I am constantly opening drawings to check standards before approving them for their next phase and this either slows me down, or irritates the heck out of me!

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

Thanks,
    Rachael
    Hi Rachael, welcome to AUGI.
    If you press Enter or Spacebar when opening a drawing, Help is activated.
    You get the same effect if a running routine - "acad.lsp", "acadxxx.lsp" or "acaddocxxx.lsp" for example - terminates with a blank line. Use notepad to examine any such file, backspace to the end of the last text line and hit Enter once - only once - then save.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for your reply!

However I am not hitting Space or Enter while opening drawings and these are not loading with that .lsp file you specified. I made the modification to the .lsp that I am currently running, however this isn't helping with this issue.

Do you have any other suggestions as to what could be causing this problem and how to fix it?

Login to Give a bone

If you are certain that no other routines are running, no, sorry.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I also experienced this issue when certain errors were present within custom lisp routines I was running. They weren't kill errors, but just some minor stuff.

Login to Give a bone

Thank's so much for the feedback on this issue. I will check my custom lsp files for error's and hopefully that will fix it on my end. However I am pretty sure this is not the core problem since other user's (very very basic CAD people) are not running any lsp's at this time.