See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Schedule Tables (Rounding)

Login to Give a bone

Default Schedule Tables (Rounding)

I'm using ADT 2010 and I created a square footage table. Is there a way to not have the table round past the whole number?
    I have several charts breaking down the square footages.
    One chart is: lower floor is 1385 and the upper floor is 862. The table is adding this up as 2246....
    But if I go into the property data formats and change the "area" to round off to the nearest value of 1. That will fix this particular equation.
    But another table I have in the same drawing will change to: 215 + 8+ 133 = 357
    What's happening is even though I'm rounding to the whole number, the program is still using the numbers behind the decimal.
    Is there a setting to have the program only add to whole numbers shown on the actual table?

Hope I didn't confuse you
    Thanks for your help

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Schedule Tables (Rounding)

Quote Originally Posted by Heather_W View Post
    I'm using ADT 2010 and I created a square footage table. Is there a way to not have the table round past the whole number?
    I have several charts breaking down the square footages.
    One chart is: lower floor is 1385 and the upper floor is 862. The table is adding this up as 2246....
    But if I go into the property data formats and change the "area" to round off to the nearest value of 1. That will fix this particular equation.
    But another table I have in the same drawing will change to: 215 + 8+ 133 = 357
    What's happening is even though I'm rounding to the whole number, the program is still using the numbers behind the decimal.
    Is there a setting to have the program only add to whole numbers shown on the actual table?

Hope I didn't confuse you
    Thanks for your help
    Does the solution posted here: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=71268 help you?
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2012-03-05 at 05:50 PM. Reason: corrected link
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Unfortunately, it doesn't help. I get it to round to the the decimal place I want, but it still reads from all the places after the decimal.

The actual numbers for the lower floor are 1384.503 and upper floor is 861.577 which totals out to 2246.08
    The table is showing lower floor is 1385 and upper floor as 862 and rounding the total to 2246. Which is correct if I am showing all the decimal places. But I'm not...I'm only showing the whole numbers. So the total should read 2247.
    How do I get it NOT to read past the decimal point?

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Heather,

I think what you'll need to do is:
    1. Open the Style Manager and in the Documentation Objects Go to the Property Set Definitions and double click the SpaceObject PSD (I'm assuming this is the PSD you're using to schedule your spaces if not open your PSD
    2. Go to the definitions tab and create a new Formula Property Definition.
    3. Name the new definition (I used Rounded in mine)
    4. In the lower right corner (Insert VBScript code) click the + sign next to Functions and then the + sign next to Conversion.
    5. Double click the CInt Function
    6. You'll notice in the upper left formula area the CInt function will be there with the word 'expression" in red. Click on the word expression.
    7. On the lower left are all of your property definitions. Navigate to the SpaceObjects PSD (or the one your using) and double click the BaseArea.
    8. The base area should now be inside the parenthesis of the CInt function and you'll notice the Base Area is in the 'Enter Sample Values" section.
    9. Click the Format of the BaseArea in the "Enter Sample Values" area and change the format to Standard. See the attached image for what it should look like when you're done (Note I'm using AMEP 2008 so it may look a little different.
    10. Click OK
    11. Now click on the + sign next to the Schedule Table Styles portion of the Documentation Objects
    12. Click on the SpaceSchedule (or whatever the name of the schedule you're using)
    13. Click on the Columns Tab and AddColumn.
    14. Click the + sign next to SpaceObjects and click on the newly created "Rounded" PSD and check on the total.

I'm sure I forgot some steps but hopefully this will help. Post back if you have any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

That worked! Thank you so much

Login to Give a bone

I am glad that Scott was able to get things to work for you. When ACA calculates the total of a column in a Schedule Table, it uses the raw, unformatted values behind each of the displayed numbers, then applies the formatting to the result. This can, as you noticed, result in what appears to be inaccurate addition.

I have written several articles on rounding in my blog. If you have nothing better to do, or are interested in learning more about how rounding works and several techniques for getting what you want, you may find the latest article of interest:
    http://architects-desktop.blogspot.c...mn-totals.html

That article has links to the earlier articles, as well as a link to the sample file that generated the images in the article.