Thread: Grey Text , unreadable

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Grey Text , unreadable

I have 2.5mm and 3.5mm text on my layouts, set as black. doesn't matter if I change the line weight from 2 to 4. It still prints out a grey colour. As it is an A1 drawing you can just read it. When client prints it out on his big A3 printer, you can't read the text.

How to change this, any help.

Is there a plot style as in AutoCAD which you change.

Is it the text style I am using (iscop), yet I changed this to RomansS. No Change.

The same on dimensions, go to properties, no option to change text , line weight of colour.

Is there a simple answer to this.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Grey Text , unreadable

Stumped everyone again as no feedback of yet. But have since discovered there is no way to change the line weight of the text on dimensions.
    So I have to but up with a drawing having unreadable dims. And back to using AutoCAD for the week.
    Why do we both.........................................................

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Grey Text , unreadable

Re message posted below,, are there any answers to this, as I have still have an unreadable drawing along with an unhappy client!!!!!!!
    I have tried every thing, nothing seems to work. Increase the line type to the text and dims, leader to the text increases in thickness, but not the text, Same for the dims.

Very disapointed in the replies to this. I found one reply to an earier query, stating that the text to the dims is unchangable, seems odd. So am I to keep producing drawings with unreadable text on or revert back to AutoCAD.

Look forward to some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey Text , unreadable
    I have 2.5mm and 3.5mm text on my layouts, set as black. doesn't matter if I change the line weight from 2 to 4. It still prints out a grey colour. As it is an A1 drawing you can just read it. When client prints it out on his big A3 printer, you can't read the text.

Is it the text style I am using (iscop), yet I changed this to RomansS. No Change.

The same on dimensions, go to properties, no option to change text , line weight of colour.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Re message posted below,, are there any answers to this, as I have still have an unreadable drawing along with an unhappy client!!!!!!!
    I have tried every thing, nothing seems to work. Increase the line type to the text and dims, leader to the text increases in thickness, but not the text, Same for the dims.

Very disapointed in the replies to this. I found one reply to an earier query, stating that the text to the dims is unchangable, seems odd. So am I to keep producing drawings with unreadable text on or revert back to AutoCAD.

Look forward to some answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grey Text , unreadable

Maybe you could post a screen shot or maybe an example Revit file?
    Did you mention you're using RomanS? (or similar font?)
    If so that may be your problem, you need to use Windows fonts such as Arial or Swiss etc, with "fill" in them. AutoCAD SHX fonts do not print well in REVIT (in my experience) you can't control the lineweights.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope this helps

I could stop if I wanted to charliep's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I use Stylus BT set to black and it prints no problem. Have you checked your Visibility Graphics - Annotation Categories - Text Notes to see if it is set to Half Tone?

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help. Spot on.
    Changed the text back to Arial text from isocp, all drawings looking sharp again.

Brilliant!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by chrisr View Post
    Thanks for the help. Spot on.
    Changed the text back to Arial text from isocp, all drawings looking sharp again.

Brilliant!!!!
    Glad it worked out for you!