Thread: Problem with mtext symbols font

Login to Give a bone

Default Problem with mtext symbols font

Until yesterday whenever I inserted a symbol from the mtext pulldown, usually centerline, it would match the romans font, or as I understand it the simplex font. Starting this morning it defaults to isocpeur for some reason. It's never done this before, the fontalt setting is set to simplex. I can't find any other settings that might help.

Any ideas? I hate it when things that worked the day before just stop working for no reason.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem with mtext symbols font

Quote Originally Posted by ajzoch View Post
    Until yesterday whenever I inserted a symbol from the mtext pulldown, usually centerline, it would match the romans font, or as I understand it the simplex font. Starting this morning it defaults to isocpeur for some reason. It's never done this before, the fontalt setting is set to simplex. I can't find any other settings that might help.

Any ideas? I hate it when things that worked the day before just stop working for no reason.
    I think it may be that you just finally noticed what it was doing. When we used to use simplex, it always did that as well. I do not believe the simplex font contains a centerline symbol.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill View Post
    I think it may be that you just finally noticed what it was doing. When we used to use simplex, it always did that as well. I do not believe the simplex font contains a centerline symbol.
    The old, non-Unicode version of the simplex font, dated 1994 IIRC, did not, however the current Unicode version of the font does. U+2104. If it used to work, and now doesn't, search for all versions of simplex..shx and make sure that it has a 21st century date

Login to Give a bone

I definitely didn't imagine it. On Friday symbols were defaulting to isocpeur for no reason. Of course yesterday they started showing up again in simplex. I have no idea what happened.

The only thing I can think of was the last windows update might have done something to the font file maybe? Well regardless it's back to working again. I like it when a problem just goes away.