See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Third Party Menus

Login to Give a bone

Question Third Party Menus

I have a third party application, Vision-FM, that I use with AutoCAD 2000i, for space management, rent reports, etc. They have a custom menu that works within acad, thru Menuload, etc. I upgraded my acad to 2005, knowing that the Vision-FM was not compatible. However, I still need to perform some functions with Vision, so I uninstalled 2005 and re-installed 2000i. Now however my menu for Vision-FM does not work. I can see the menu selections but the commands do not initiate. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Third Party Menus

Hi

Have you insured that any Support Paths required / used by the Vision-FM menu have been placed within the AutoCAD Support File Search Path?

Have you tried contacting the Third Party Developer who wrote Vision-FM and asking them?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Yes, Vision/FM requires that the directory their menu file is located in is listed first in the support path.

Vision/FM will not respond to questions, unless I buy a year's worth of support. They are about to release a version that will be compatible with ACAD2005, which I will upgrade to, but not for a couple more months. Unfortunately I need to access Vision/FM now.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Does the Vision-FM menu call any ARX, LISP, VBA etc routines?

If yes, is their directory / folder within the AutoCAD Support File Search Path.

Can you not negotiate a little help / support from Vision-FM especially in light of the fact that you will be buying their new product very soon.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Candrew777,

Did you menu load the vision menu in 2005? If so, it probably compiled under 2005. You will need to delete the vision-fm.mnc, vision-fm.mnr, and the vision-fm.mnt if you find them. Then menuload the vision-fm.mns or vision-fm.mnu. AutoCAD will recompile them and you should be on your way.

RLB

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I did, knowing that it probably would not work. When I initiate ACAD it seems to be looking for something called "AcRxDynamicLinker" I see a message that

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2000i\Design\activate.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

AcRxDynamicLinker failed to load 'C:\Program Files\AutoCAD s000i\Design\activate.arx'.

This is repeated a number of times, where it is looking for more .arx files that I believe are related to Vision\FM.

I am almost to the point of deleting AutoCAD and Vision\FM and trying to start over.

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Issue has been resolved. I ended up reinstalling Vision\FM after reinstalling ACAD2000i. Thanks for the help from the previous posts, they gave me some ideas to work with. Thanks, again.