See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i tell people their drawings won't work

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: how do i tell people their drawings won't work

man at least they call out problem areas! when i ask for something to be looked at & marked up/redlined they say no they don't want to document it, ignore the request completely, or just come back to me pointing and saying words.... i do not like words sometimes.... they are not helpful.... i even give them a red pencil to mark things up so they can't use that as an excuse.....

Login to Give a bone

tell them to eTransmit

I have in the past been pushed into a situation where I tore up someone's sketches in front of them. They were utterly unworkable. Then sat down with them and processed everything through from beginning to end to find a solution.

Login to Give a bone

myoungtt,

I feel sorry for what happened to you, charged to experienced....... if a company has no drafting standards you will definitely received that bad scenarios.
    I agree with Kernal_CAD_Monkey...e-transmit, one of the most important CAD tools when submitting dwgs file to client. Secondly, tell them that all external references are "Overlayed" not "Attached", one of the main cause of CAD destructions (the loss of xrefs) when all dwgs are relocated on another drive/folder, the xref "path" will automatically lost. Another option for not lossing xrefs is, "Bind" them all (found in xref manager thru right clicking)... but, this will add more bytes on each dwgs... Third, plotstyle or .ctb is another important thing to consider. Asked them what plotstyle did they used. Printing hundreds of CAD dwgs to PDF manually is time consuming, try "PUBLISH" them.

Hope it helps..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12