Hello Everyone,
My name is Valerie, and I am a student at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online Division. I have an assignment that is due on Friday, April 6, 2012. I was wondering if any forum users would be interested in helping me out with the following questions:

1. When do you use CAD in the production process(e.g. preliminary design, design development, etc.)?
2. What types of standardization do you use?
3. What are the advantages or disadvantages that CAD brings to your practice?
4. Can AutoCAD be used as effectively for designing as it is used for reading construction documents? And can you provide logical examples to support your answer.
5. Do you use Modelspace and Paperspace? If so what are the advantages of doing this? If you did not use model space and paper space, what changes would have to be made to your drawings and what problems do you foresee if you have to go back and edit these?
6. If you do use model space and paper space, and since every drawing is usually created on a scale of 1:1, won't the scale hinder you as a designer in terms of sheet layout? Why or Why not? And can you provide me with some samples?

I will be very appreciative if you all could help me out with these questions. Please email them to me if possible at v.raiche@comcast.net

Sincerely,
Valerie