Thread: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure pr

Wish List Administration

Default Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure pr

Summary: My wish:
    Please provide a Description Key for / (slash) from linework code set so that comments in the import file (FBK, ASCII etc) are added to the code description and can be displayed.

Description: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure prefix line command.
    In Civil 3d’s help menu for “Line work Code Set” the definition for the Field code escape is this:
    Field Code Escape
    Specifies the code that stops the evaluation of the field code. Characters displayed after the escape character are considered COMMENTS. It is recommended that you use a / (slash) character.

My wish: Please provide a Description Key for / (slash) from linework code set so that COMMENTS in the import file (FBK, ASCII etc) are added to the code description and can be displayed.
    Example of a code typed in field: “EP1 B EP2 E/HWY 7”. An Edge of pavement line is started and one is ended on highway 7. The additional description text is HWY7.
    Because field codes can be any number of combinations of starting and stopping lines, no current description key is capable to accept the comments after a slash character.
    My wish is that the description keys would transpose this field code to EP HWY7.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Survey

Submitted By: Steve Gerrior on Tue, 24 Apr 2012

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure pr

Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure pr

Please provide a Description Key for / (slash) from linework code set so that comments in the import file (FBK, ASCII etc) are added to the code description and can be displayed.

Description: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure prefix line command.
    In Civil 3d’s help menu for “Line work Code Set” the definition for the Field code escape is this:
    Field Code Escape
    Specifies the code that stops the evaluation of the field code. Characters displayed after the escape character are considered COMMENTS. It is recommended that you use a / (slash) character.

My wish: Please provide a Description Key for / (slash) from linework code set so that COMMENTS in the import file (FBK, ASCII etc) are added to the code description and can be displayed.
    Example of a code typed in field: “EP1 B EP2 E/HWY 7”. An Edge of pavement line is started and one is ended on highway 7. The additional description text is HWY7.
    Because field codes can be any number of combinations of starting and stopping lines, no current description key is capable to accept the comments after a slash character.
    My wish is that the description keys would transpose this field code to EP HWY7.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a figure pr

Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a Figure.

Description: Field Survey - New Description Key for separating additional point description text from a field code figure line command.
    Field Code Escape

Most competing survey software easily deal with this issue.