We've received a model which we're working on, and visiblity for sheets has been controlled in part using worksets (not our choice, and we can't undo this).

A problem we're experiencing is that a number of elements (pipes, ducts, fittings etc) are on a workset called "Project Info" and Revit won't let us change them to any other workset. We've tried the more obvious things like making the project info and desired worksets editable etc but no joy.

If we cut an object and paste back to same place it will assume the current (correct) workset, but cutting and pasting whole systems has resulted in Revit disconnecting systems, deleting parts of systems, and it also means all tags on sheet views get deleted, so this is not an option.

If I tab-select a system, click justify and then finish without changing any settings, Revit transfers the elements to the current workset.

This leads to two questions:

1) Is there a correct Revity way of doing this?
2) If I use the justify option does anyone know if I'm likely to damage anything inadvertently? Revit displays the centre-centre point as selected, implying that all selected elements have the same justification, so it should be OK, I'm just a bit nervous to go with it as I have extremely little time to make the required changes as it is...!

Thanks