Thread: Link parcel numbers and export area data

Login to Give a bone

Default Link parcel numbers and export area data

Hi everyone. So far I have been using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Land and that was mostly all I needed for my job.
    Now, the company where I am hired has contracted a large scale urban and industrial development project and I have to extract areas of parcels from cadastral maps to make some reports. Not to mention that there is several hundreds parcels ranging from a few m2 to a few thousand m2, and I feel that would be too stupid to inquire each one of them with area tool. I know that I can define parcels in Land or Civil but they use their own numbering system, and I need to keep original parcel numbers.

What I have done so far:
    I have cadastral map with parcels which are closed with lines (not with polylines). Parcel numbers are defined as blocks (attribute contains parcel number).
    I have created polygon topology, which is audited, and message says that topology is correct.

What is my problem:
    How can I link parcel numbers to parcels and do parcels have to be closed polylines or polygons?
    How can I export area data to some external file (don`t care is it Excell or Access)?

I need only area information and no other analisys would be performed this time.

I have some experience with MStation Geographics, but that was ages ago, while I was still in college (back in 2002).

Sorry for my pidgin english and thanks for help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Link parcel numbers and export area data

What version are you using? You need to use polygons and then you can link the blocks to them as object data. Then export to shp or sdf and take the object data and area property as attributtes.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Link parcel numbers and export area data

I am using Map 2010. I have created polygons but I am not getting to link them to blocks. I have generated database links, can see them in Properties Tab in LT:name and they contain parcel number but I can not see them in Access database.
    In object data OD:name there is blank. I only have field name and no data. Default OD table are OK and tey contain data.
    When I click onto polyline in LT in Properties tab there is parcel number.