Thread: An odd little error with internal parameter states being changed when I play with external grip edits.

Login to Give a bone

Default An odd little error with internal parameter states being changed when I play with external grip edits.

Got a fun little problem here that has been bugging me this week. I have been building some dynamic blocks for Mechanical Drafters to use as they draw ducts and pipes, and have been "torture testing" what I have built so far (loading them into sample drawings with different duct conditions to see how they perform). What I have started to notice is that as I am making the dynamic blocks bigger and smaller and rotating and stretching, somehow the internal parameters of the blocks would become altered (I drew them in the block to begin at a specific size). Any of the modifications I make to the outside of a dynamic block using the grip edits should not have any effect on how the geometry looks INSIDE the block, but sometimes this very thing is happening! I would open the block back up in the block editor and the geometry has been stretched somehow, and all the parameters have different states. I sat down with the other CAD guru in the office and went through my torture test one step at a time, and could not reproduce the error for him (go figure).

Anybody want to play around with the block, torture test it, and maybe see where I might be going wrong? I have attached one of the blocks I am building and a nice test file with some sample ducts in it. They were built in ACAD 2012.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: An odd little error with internal parameter states being changed when I play with external grip edits.

There were broken constraints in the block. Let me know if the attached does what you need.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: An odd little error with internal parameter states being changed when I play with external grip edits.

Is there a way you can down-save the block? We are all running 2012 here in the office. Thanks for taking the time to look at the block, though! I can't wait to open it up and finally see what I have been doing wrong.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry about that. The AutoDesk website has a conversion utility.