Thread: How to tell the difference between a Clearance clash and Hard clash?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default How to tell the difference between a Clearance clash and Hard clash?

So I have a multi-discipline finite coordination effort at a major hospital in California that has varying clearances required based on the trade involved.

What I'm noticing is that both clearance clashes and hard clashes show up the same.

There is no - (negative) shown if the clearance clash is in reality a hard clash.
    Likewise, the description in the results tab doesn't change from clearance (obviously because my clash type is clearance) to hard, nor can I find any other way to tell the two apart.
    My issue with this is that I can live with a 1/2" clearance clash, but some hard clashes have distance values of 1/2 or more, but look the same as clearance clashes.

I would think that there is some way to do this....

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Perk

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to tell the difference between a Clearance clash and Hard clash?

Navis 2012 and 2013 show interference overlap is indicated by a minus (-) prefix in the Distance column. Clearance conflicts do not have a minus (-) prefix. Are you seeing something different?

Joe Menacker
    Attached Images Attached Images

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to tell the difference between a Clearance clash and Hard clash?

Yes, I am not seeing the - in the distance column.
    All of my hard clashes and clearance clashes in the one batch are just showing distances no -<distance).
    Could I have a setting wrong in clash detective? (reaching for Mastering Navisworks 2012 now).

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Here is a screen shot of my clash detective select and results tabs.
    The first 3 clashes are hard clashes.

Thanks,
    Perk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Settings looks okay to me. Something appears to be amiss with reporting there. I'm not aware of any settings that could turn off reporting of interfering elements as a distance preceded by a minus (-) sign. 8^(

Joe Menacker

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

This might be the same problem reported earlier about negative elevations not reading properly when preceded by 0 (zero) feet. That one was using feet-and-fractional-inches, same as Steve's distances in his screenshots. j_menacker's screenshot shows feet and decimal inches for distances, which may format negative zero-foot values properly.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Very good input,
    I updated my options> Interface> Display Units> Linear Units from Feet and Inches Fractions to Feet Inches and the issues is fixed.
    The only down side is that measurements come in as decimal inches as you noted.

Thanks for the assist.

Perk

Quote Originally Posted by dgorsman View Post
    This might be the same problem reported earlier about negative elevations not reading properly when preceded by 0 (zero) feet. That one was using feet-and-fractional-inches, same as Steve's distances in his screenshots. j_menacker's screenshot shows feet and decimal inches for distances, which may format negative zero-foot values properly.