Thread: Custom Tag Help

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Custom Tag Help

Here is what I am trying to do:

In NYS, the SED (state education department) requires that rooms of student occupancy be labeled on the plans with the total occupant load. What I tried to do is create a separate room tag family that has the room area and a separate line that calculates the occupant load by dividing the area by the number SED uses for the sf per occupant. However, I was unable to accomplish this using the Room family category type. I then went to the generic family category type and I was able to make the correct labels with the formulas, however, when place into the room, the area did not auto recognize. Using this method I would have to go in and manually type the room sf for the formula to work. I was hoping to have this automatic. Is this even possible? I have attached the family I have been working on if someone wishes to see what I have done and play with it a little.

Thanks in advanced.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Tag Help

The only way I know how is with a Room Schedule. You can create a 'Calculated Field' called Occupant Load and put your formula for Area / 20 there. This should work. You could try looking into shared parameters but, this will become a problem if your occupant load ratio needs to change in one job and not the other. Shared parameter files should be a single file shared between all projects.

~Regards,
    Brad

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Custom Tag Help

Brad,
    Thanks for the response.

I have tried the the calculated value in the past, however, this is a global value and takes into account all spaces. I tried using filters and sorting and grouping, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. I also tried the shared parameter route, but I was unable to make it "automatic." It also appears that shared parameters do not accommodate formulas?

The generic tag I made works for now, I was just hoping for some auto-recognition. Right now I will have to type in the sf manually to get the value.