Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Double click family edit

Login to Give a bone

Default 2013 Double click family edit

I've looked around on the web alot, and it would appear there is no way to disable the double click on an object to edit its family option in 2013. If anyone has any info on how to please let me know.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2013 Double click family edit

Ryan,

This has been discussed at length already. Currently, it is not able to be turned off (Thanks AD). I guess the best thing to do is to send help tickets into AD, and if enough people complain, they might fix it in several years. Your company will have to train people to exit the family editor without saving, or lock the content libraries as several others have suggested.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...to-edit-family
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...highlight=2013

Cheers,
    Jeff S.

Login to Give a bone

Or just train people to work more carefully and deliberately.

I just started my first 2013 project (brand new, not upgraded). I started yesterday, and just now ran into the unwanted double-click to edit the family, when entering room numbers and names into room tags. Click on the tag, then click on the field, but if you don't do it just right it thinks you're trying to open the family, which is obviously not the case. But after it happened a couple of times, I was more careful between tag clicking and field clicking.

I will also be submitting a SR on the issue.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

It is amazing to see that a new feature that nobody requested (and which cannot be turned off) is included in a new release, but at the same time, the most requested features are ignored. Is there a record in any forum of a wishlist item requesting a double click to edit a family? I don't remember seeing it. The top wishlist items in forums before this release went out, were mostly focused on text tools, site tools, and schedules, if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Alfredo Medina; 2012-05-22 at 08:57 PM. Reason: grammar

Login to Give a bone

I'm surprised the issue was never flagged during beta testing. It's such an obvious flaw.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Overconstrained View Post
    I'm surprised the issue was never flagged during beta testing. It's such an obvious flaw.
    It was, there was much discussion about it in the beta testing forums as I recall. But as you can see, it's still there.

*edit* well I thought there was, seems I can't find any discussion about it.

There was discussion about double-clicking your center button wheel to zoom to fit. Didja know about that??
    Last edited by patricks; 2012-05-22 at 09:35 PM.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I think, if they had just put a toggle in the Options bar somewhere, it would not be as bad. This feature is going to cause a lot of issues in office standards and productivity, in exchange for the very dubious 'benefit' of not having to use "Edit Family". What was wrong with that?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks View Post
    It was, there was much discussion about it in the beta testing forums as I recall. But as you can see, it's still there.

*edit* well I thought there was, seems I can't find any discussion about it.

There was discussion about double-clicking your center button wheel to zoom to fit. Didja know about that??
    I did know about that......but haven't re-wired my brain enough to use it regularly yet!!

All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    It is amazing to see that a new feature that nobody requested (and which cannot be turned off) is included in a new release, but at the same time, the most requested features are ignored. Is there a record in any forum of a wishlist item requesting a double click to edit a family? I don't remember seeing it. The top wishlist items in forums before this release went out, were mostly focused on text tools, site tools, and schedules, if I recall correctly.
    Nobody requested it? Thanks for calling me a nobody I think I'll change my forum name to "Nobody".

I specifically remember requesting more double click actions in a alpha/beta phase or two(not only 'edit family' but others too, or at least some way to configure what you want double clicks to do since at the time they currently did nothing). Too bad I don't get to use it now since my company dropped it's subscription. I've been looking around for quite some time now...

I don't discount the priority though of some other improvements.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

DoTheBIM,

Sorry that you don't get to use this GREAT new feature. I would agree that Double-Clicking an object should do something, but not opening a family. I like your idea for the end user to configure what Double-Clicking actually does. Couldn't it be like the ribbon, and do different things for different objects?

Is the second to last sentence a call for help?

Jeff S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast