Thread: Unpurgeable items

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Unpurgeable items

Well,

Just upgraded to 2013. And just like 2012, it has some clean-up issues (see http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...61#post1138761). In this case, there are a number of things that are apparently hard coded into the program that won't let you delete.

I like to keep clean drawings, with only the things I'm using in the drawing file. However, I've found these items that C3D insists on keeping.

Blocks:
    *Paper_Space0
    *U1
    *U2
    Detail View Style
    Imperial24
    Linetypes
    Phantom2
    Section View Style
    Imperial 24

The Detail View Style (reached via VIEWDETAILSTYLE) is a fixed name, and you can't even rename it (to, like, Standard)
    The Section View Style (reached via VIEWSECTIONSTYLE) is also a fixed name. But, the line type "Phantom2" is in here, so you can change it, and ultimately purge at least that line type.
    I don't know where the blocks are used.

If anyone has suggestions on how to clean these or get rid of them, I'd be happy to entertain them.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unpurgeable items

I would guess that some of those things are being used in Civil 3D styles. Have you purged the C3D styles?

If you post the drawing I will take a look at it. These are always fun.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unpurgeable items

Jeff,

They aren't in any C3D styles that can be purged. One of the first things I checked. I figured that they may be in one of the new entities (cant, pressure networks, etc.) but I couldn't find it. Eventually, I got to the new Detail View and Section View Styles, and assume that all of these are related to those. If these are hard coded, then I'm not sure they can ever be cleaned up properly. I wouldn't have minded if they had been called Standard, but why Imperial24?

Anyway, as far as looking at a drawing, these are part of C3D 2013's own base template. Just create a new drawing, try a purge, and you will find them in the objects that cannot be purged.

If you find them some where, let me know.