See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROPOBJLIMIT variable

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default PROPOBJLIMIT variable

Hi,
    I see that maximum value for propobjlimit is 32767...but what can i do to have the possibility to select more entities on properties palette?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PROPOBJLIMIT variable

You must have a killer machine! Honestly, why would you want to do this?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    You must have a killer machine! Honestly, why would you want to do this?
    Because i need to work with large number of objects and change them on properties palette is the best way in this case. If i want to change layer, color, filter entities, and so on...in only one place like palette properties...it must be possible. I have a drawing with more than 100.000 entities. And i cant select them...If i try select them...results "No Selection" on palette properties! I know i can modify values in diferent ways...but in this case...there is no other way!
    After read some articles, i dont know if this problem is that value (32767) on propobjlimit or it could be an error on windows registry. Variables pickadd, pickauto, pickfirst and some more, are correct on AutoCAD.
    Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Can you use QSELECT to filter the objects first? That would allow you to use Properties on a smaller selection set.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen View Post
    Can you use QSELECT to filter the objects first? That would allow you to use Properties on a smaller selection set.
    No...i want to change all objects on a selection using (properties palette). Those options can be done but i want properties palette. Again, i dont know if the problem is that value or a missing registry. For some reason when we dont know the real problem...we try to solve that...using alternative solutions...not the real solution. Any help?

Login to Give a bone

You can use the Properties Palette with Qselect.

Use Qselect to select the objects then open your Properties Palette and they will be there. I was just looking for a way for you to reduce the number of objects in the selection set you pass along to the Properties Palette.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

You could use the CHANGE command. Still wonder what change you would be applying to that many objects.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen View Post
    You can use the Properties Palette with Qselect.

Use Qselect to select the objects then open your Properties Palette and they will be there. I was just looking for a way for you to reduce the number of objects in the selection set you pass along to the Properties Palette.
    Ok....i know that...i know there is a lot of solutions...but why is that limit on properties palette?...or it is a error on AutoCAD install?...or is a registry error?...

You could use the CHANGE command. Still wonder what change you would be applying to that many objects.
    Yes...i can...lol...i want to change layer, color, linetype (too many), ando much more on a unique selection.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pt_zooropa View Post
    Yes...i can...lol...i want to change layer, color, linetype (too many), and much more on a unique selection.
    You can do that with either the CHPROP or CHANGE commands. If you could tell us exactly what you're trying to do we could probably give you a better answer. Are you trying to change all these objects to the same color, layer, linetype?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

You can do that with either the CHPROP or CHANGE commands. If you could tell us exactly what you're trying to do we could probably give you a better answer. Are you trying to change all these objects to the same color, layer, linetype?
    ok...i know that i can change those properties with a lot of ways...i want to know what Autodesk are trying to implement (change that value) or not...and why we cant modify all entites on a selection (based properties). When we have all entities selected and a message returns "No Selection"..that sounds not very well...ok?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast